[quagga-users 13248] newbie question on rout-maps

Charlet, Ricky ricky.charlet at hp.com
Thu Apr 18 04:34:18 BST 2013

Howdy,
        I'm new to quagga. And I'm pretty sure this is a trivial problem to most folks here, but please share a solution for me....

I can't seem to save a route map. I think I'm entering it ok. But I `set` a next-hop ip and it does not seem to actually have been saved in the route-map.

 I do this:
------------------------------cut------------------
rtr# conf t
rtr(config)# route-map rickys permit 42
rtr(config-route-map)# match tag 42
rtr(config-route-map)# set ip next-hop 42.1.1.1
rtr(config-route-map)# exit
rtr(config)# exit
rtr# show route-map
FIB:
FIB:
route-map rickys, permit, sequence 42
  Match clauses:
  Set clauses:
  Call clause:
  Action:
    Exit routemap
rtr#

So why don't I see my match and set clauses?

--
Ricky Charlet
Software Dev / Routing Dude: Aries team, Roseville CA