[quagga-users 13316] Re: ECMP on Quagga

Christian Franke nobody at nowhere.ws
Tue Jul 9 15:39:10 BST 2013

On 07/09/2013 04:04 PM, Natalia Queiroz wrote:
> Is possible to use ECMP with Quagga?

There is limited support for ECMP in Quagga. Currently, ECMP will only
work on Linux for IPv4. OSPFd does support multipath, BGPd does as well.
For the other daemons, I cannot account at the moment.

What doesn't work is multipath for IPv6 or for platforms other than
Linux. Only a single path will be installed there. What doesn't work as
well is running iBGP over OSPF and having ECMP for the iBGP routes,
though I wrote a patch which implements that and which will hopefully
make it into the next release.

-Christian