[quagga-users 13474] Re: bgpd crash on freebsd 8.3, 0.99.21 from the fbsd ports

Kurt Jaeger q-u at opsec.eu
Mon Oct 21 11:38:51 BST 2013

Hi!

> After going through the bgp code I would guess that these crash were due
> to a bug in 0.99.21 concerning the handling of unknown transitive
> attributes. If there was /any/ unknown transitive attribute, quagga
> would access uninitialized memory instead of getting the correct
> attribute length. That's the reason why bgpd was trying to write such a
> ridiculously large number of bytes: it was using the uninitialized
> length field of the transitive attribute.
>
> This bug is already fixed in 0.99.22:
>
>   commit 8794e8d229dc9fe29ea31424883433d4880ef408
>   Author: Paul Jakma <paul at quagga.net>
>   Date:   Mon Feb 13 13:53:07 2012 +0000
>
>       bgpd: Fix regression in args consolidation, total should be inited
>             from args

Thank you very much for the info!

Currently, I have the problem that quagga 0.99.22.x fails
to start at all on that host, apparently zebra and bgpd fail to
parse their config files 8-(

So, I have to build a testsetup to find out what happens.

I'll get back as soon as I have more info.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         7 years to go !