[quagga-users 13454] RES: Re: OSPF with Quagga and CARP - Problem with NextHop

Andre Luiz Paiz - Instituto de Química - Unicamp andre.paiz at iqm.unicamp.br
Wed Sep 25 23:40:11 BST 2013

Hi Christian.
Thanks for the answer.

My ISP has provided me the log for the show ip ospf route command:

sh ip ospf route 143.X.X.0

      Destination     Mask            Path_Cost Type2_Cost Path_Type
      143.X.X.0    255.255.255.192 1         200        Type2_Ext
      Adv_Router      Link_State      Dest_Type State      Tag       Flags
      143.X.X.15    143.X.X.0    Ase       Valid      0          1800
      Paths Out_Port        Next_Hop        Type      State
      1     ve 3            143.X.X.11    OSPF      00 00

Watch that the backup is advertising (.15 IP) but the nexthop is the master
IP (.11)

How can I provide more info for you to help me with that. Do you need my
LSDB? I don't think my ISP will provide me an entire database.

My configuration is very simple. Just setting a nssa area, configuring
static routes for my internal networks and redistribute with "redistribute
static metric 1". Just that!

Thank you
Andre