[quagga-users 13566] "no" behavior for redistribute statements with a route-map

Daniel Walton dwalton at cumulusnetworks.com
Tue Feb 11 14:01:55 GMT 2014

Today if you have a redistribute statement with a route-map there is some odd behavior with how the "no" is handled.  We start with:

router bgp 30
 redistribute connected route-map FOO

bottom1# conf t
bottom1(config)# router bgp 30
bottom1(config-router)# no redistribute connected
bottom1(config-router)# end
bottom1#

The entire "redistribute connected" is removed but if I specify the route-map in the no:
bottom1# conf t
bottom1(config)# router bgp 30
bottom1(config-router)#  redistribute connected route-map FOO
bottom1(config-router)# no redistribute connected route-map FOO

The route-map is removed but we are left with the redistribute statement
router bgp 30
 redistribute connected

This behavior was copied from IOS...but it is inconsistent with the way "no" works for other commands. Take aggregate-address for example:

router bgp 10
 bgp router-id 10.1.2.104
 aggregate-address 10.1.1.0/24 as-set summary-only
!
quagga# conf t
quagga(config)# router bgp 10
quagga(config-router)# no aggregate-address 10.1.1.0/24 as-set summary-only
quagga(config-router)# end
quagga# show run
router bgp 10
 bgp router-id 10.1.2.104
!

One of our customers has asked that we change this so that "no redistribute connected route-map FOO" also completly removes "redistribute connected".  Personally I kind of like the idea of a "no means no" approach here because it would make the behavior for redistribute commands the same as other commands.  We are interested in what the quagga user base thinks of this potential change.

Daniel