[quagga-users 13592] Re: Input packet and dropped packet

Francisco Rivas frivas at lanparty.cl
Wed Feb 26 21:02:02 GMT 2014

Hi Mohammad,

look at this:

http://mbrownnyc.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/implement-netflow-on-centos/

if you need, you can change the rules that matches all the packets (
iptables -A INPUT -j NETFLOW ; iptables -A OUTPUT -j NETFLOW ; iptables
-A FORWARD -j NETFLOW ) for more specific rules that matches your
special queue. To record the actual packets, you'll need wireshark as
Stephen said. Netflow is used for logging and accounting, wireshark is
used to actually intercept (and decode if available!) the packets and
record them to a file.

|Also check http://www.pmacct.net/ , it may fit your need too...

regards!

Francisco.