[quagga-users 14095] Re: enabling ECN

durga c.vijaya.durga at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 01:57:55 BST 2015

​i Mikael,
I am currently looking at setting buffer limits and observe the packets for
ECN flag. I am not yet planning to mitigate the effects of congestion by
implementing Fair Queueing,

The ecn flag as in /proc/sys/net/ipv4 is set to 2 which I think indicates
that the host responds an to incoming packets activated with ecn but
doesn’t trigger outgoing packets ​with ecn, I might have misunderstood it
though.

Now that I understand that ecn settings are independent of quagga, I will
try to look more on ubuntu network settings to get the setup working.

Cheers!
Durga