[quagga-users 14110] bgp multipath-relax command not found

Ben Jolly ben at jolly.so
Wed Aug 12 09:51:09 BST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get multipath-relax working in bgp as documented here:
http://www.nongnu.org/quagga/docs/quagga.html#index-bgp-bestpath-as_002dpath-multipath_002drelax

It looks as if it should work, I'm sure I've met the requirements.

OS: Ubuntu Trusty 14.04.2 LTS
Quagga Version: 0.99.22.4-3ubuntu1

>From everything I've been able to check, multipathing is enabled in:
- Kernel
  # egrep MULTIPATH /boot/config-`uname -r`
  CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH=y

- `apt-get install Quagga` normal quagga install source, shows its set to a
maximum of 64.
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/170259087/buildlog_ubuntu-trusty-amd64.quagga_0.99.22.4-3ubuntu1_UPLOADING.txt.gz
--enable-multipath=64

In the Zebra interface I can set a static multipath route fine
test(config)# ip route 10.90.0.1/32 10.60.30.19
test(config)# ip route 10.90.0.1/32 10.60.30.34

# show ip route 10.90.0.1/32
Routing entry for 10.90.0.1/32
  Known via "static", distance 1, metric 0, best
  * 10.60.30.19, via eth1
  * 10.60.30.34, via eth5

But the command doesn't complete in the bgp interface as per documentation
(config-router)# bgp bestpath as-path
  confed  Compare path lengths including confederation sets & sequences in
selecting a route
  ignore  Ignore as-path length in selecting a route
sarek(config-router)# bgp bestpath as-path

If i try the command anyway, it errors.
(config-router)# bgp bestpath as-path multipath-relax
% [BGP] Unknown command: bgp bestpath as-path multipath-relax

Have I hit a bug?? Any direction or help would be much appreciated.

Ben