[quagga-users 14008] Re: Running Multiple Instances of Quagga

Olivier Tilmans olivier.tilmans at uclouvain.be
Mon Jun 15 20:29:44 BST 2015

Hello,

When doing that exact setup I usually use telnet instead of vtysh  (e.g.
`telnet localhost 2604` -- for ospfd) which works flawlessly.
If you want to use vtysh, the alternative would be to call `mount
--bind` to remount the part of the FS where the vtysh socket is in a
netns specific directory.
The default location of the sockets is /var/run ; look into config.h for
one of the *_VTYSH_PATH defines.
You could then do in each namespace, prior to running quagga:
`mkdir -p /tmp/nsX/var/run && mount --bind /var/run /tmp/nsX/var/run`
where X is the namespace number.

Best,
Olivier.