[quagga-users 14010] Re: Running Multiple Instances of Quagga

Olivier Tilmans olivier.tilmans at uclouvain.be
Tue Jun 16 15:28:58 BST 2015

Hello Jafar,

If you don't have a 'main' process in the network namespace in charge of
spawning all other processes for that namespace to which you can send
command, then you will need to remount /var/run each time you issue an
ip netns exec as mount namespaces are process-inherited.

e.g.
mkdir -p /tmp/newns/var/run
ip netns add newns
ip netns exec newns bash -c 'mount --bind /tmp/newns/var/run /var/run &&
command_to_start_quagga'
## Later on ...
ip netns exec newns bash -c 'mount --bind /tmp/newns/var/run /var/run &&
vtysh'

A less constraining solution would be to patch the daemons & vtysh to
add a launch argument to specify to location of the vtysh socket ...

Best,
Olivier.