[quagga-users 14233] Connecting quagga with 1250 BGP peers

Daniel Seidenstücker d.seidenstuecker at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:15:46 GMT 2016

Dear Quagga community,

connecting Quagga with 1000 BGP peers works well but if I connect 1250
Quagga becomes unstable, causes session drops and never reaches 1250
established peers.

Due to log I have to raise the open file limits. I did that in
/etc/security/limits.conf. “cat /proc/<pid>/limits | grep files” confirms
that Quagga takes the new limits. If I then try to connect 1250 peers Quagga
crashes with “bgpd state -> down : read returned EOF

” or “bgpd state -> down : unexpected read error: Connection reset by peer”.

Another thing which has helped with other implementations was raising
FD_SETSIZE to 65535 in /usr/include/linux/posix_types.h and
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/typesizes.h and recompiling the
application. This has apparently no influence on Quagga since its behavior
didn’t change at all.

It would be nice if you can help me getting Quagga to run with 1250 peers.

Thanks,

Daniel Seidenstuecker