[quagga-users 14235] Re: Connecting quagga with 1250 BGP peers

Daniel Seidenstücker d.seidenstuecker at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:51:26 GMT 2016

Hi,

I learnt more about problems that some applications have with select and fd >= FD_SETSIZE. I thought that would be the case here but then I found http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/quagga/dev/25962. It seems that Quagga uses poll instead of select now but I couldn’t find prove that the patch really went live.

Maybe somebody can help me with that and if select isn’t the root of trouble why Quagga has the issue with more than 1000 peers.

Thanks,

Daniel