[quagga-users 14368] Re: How to limit Quagga Buffers

Richard Mayers richard.mayers92 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 19:12:25 BST 2016

Hi again,

As you said I had to modify some of the kernel buffers, rmem_default,
wmem_default , rmem_max, wmem_max.

However, if I put them quite small, the routers start doing strange
things. For example they start reporting 0% link usage when I am
sending traffic, everything quite random...

Does anyone know what could be the reason ? What could go wrong when
the buffers are small ? Apart from packet loss.

Kind regards,
Richard