[quagga-users 14244] Re: Less resource-intense table dump from bgpd

Daniel Seidenstücker d.seidenstuecker at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:22:24 GMT 2016

Maybe this hint/approach helps you:

You can call vtysh commands the following way and pipe the results in normal
unix commands (examples from ubuntu):

sudo vtysh -c "show ip bgp summary" | grep 00: | wc -l	#number of
established peers, with connection under 1 hour
sudo vtysh -c "show ip bgp summary" | wc -l			#number of
configured peers

So for you it's something like:

sudo vtysh -c "show ip bgp" | ...

I think there was a command to filter an output. After quick web search -
awk may help.