[quagga-users 14266] Re: Routing

Jafar Al-Gharaibeh jafar at atcorp.com
Wed Mar 16 20:20:59 GMT 2016

Hi Thais,

    Your problem seems to be a configuration and setup issue at the
machine level and  not Quagga/Routing related.  See the comments below:

On 3/16/2016 3:04 PM, Thais Ribeiro wrote:
> Hello, i am trying to make a network work with rip. For now, i just
> created 3 machines (1 is a router and 2 are hosts) on virtual
> machine installed on with openwrt and i am trying to connect them.
  Are you talking about 3 virtual machines on the same host? Using which
virtualization tools, vbox, vmware, xen, etc...?  Depending on the
virtualization solution you are using you might have different ways to
have your networking setup.

   I changed the ip and static instead of dhcp in eth0. But the router
must connect one host in one interface and the other host in the other
interface. I have changed the ip from one interface, but how can i
change the other interface? The two hosts must connect with this router
between them.

This seems like a trivial setup. I suggest you follow a tutorial on how
to setup network/interfaces and start from there.

--Jafar