[quagga-users 14421] Re: Quagga, BGP and BFD with Cisco

Kurt Jaeger q-u at opsec.eu
Thu Sep 1 06:26:08 BST 2016

Hi!

>   Second, BFD has always been underwhelming on server platforms,
> like those that Quagga typically runs on. [...]
> I'm not aware of anyone that can do BFD in the control
> plane, and support BFD rates less than 100ms.

ICMP round-trip can be far below 100ms (below 1ms is easy), so at least
the packet processing for BFD can be fast on a server, as well.

Why should a server have problems with the reaction on a missing
link so that this reaction takes over 100ms ?

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !