[quagga-users 14660] Re: bgp distance not updated in FIB

Paul Jakma paul at jakma.org
Fri Apr 7 09:30:46 BST 2017

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017, Preeti wrote:

> *I changed the BGP distance for eBGP to 30. However, it is not getting
> updated in the FIB table. I did a 'soft' clear but it did not help.*

Do both sides support route-refresh? I.e., when you did the soft-clear,
did the other send re-send all its routes?

> *Is there a way to update FIB with the correct distance without doing
> a 'hard' reset and affecting traffic?*

If route-refresh was enabled, and the other side resent its whole table
I'd have expected that to work as well as a hard clear. If refresh
wasn't enabled, try having it enabled. If it was enabled, but you had
this problem, that's odd...

Paul Jakma | paul at jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
We've run out of licenses